A new 2-port USB DisplayPort KVM Switch – the ATEN CS782DP – has been released that allows users to create multi-monitor displays with up to 4K (3840 x 2160) resolutions at 60Hz.
The new switch is DisplayPort 1.2 compliant and allows users to access 2 4K-enabled USB computers from a single USB keyboard, USB mouse, or DisplayPort monitor.
The device has a lightweight and slim design and provides switching between computers via Remote Port Selector, Hotkeys and Mouse. It also supports 2.1 channel surround sound systems and HD audio.
In addition, the switch features Multi-Stream Transport (MST) and DisplayPort Dual Mode (DP++) support, which allows users to create monitor configurations with DVI and HDMI monitors
“We are seeing a growing market demand for 4K-capable solutions across a range of industries,” explains Kevin Chen, President of ATEN International. “Our new 4K UHD DisplayPort KVM Switch is another example of our proactive solution development, ensuring our customers have the cutting-edge tools they need, the day they need them.”
PRICE AND AVAILABILITY
Scorptec currently has the ATEN CS782DP on sale for AU$259. Check online for local prices and availability.
For more info, check: www.aten.com
- One DisplayPort video console controls two USB computers
- Fully DisplayPort 1.2 Compliant
- Computer selection via remote port selector, hotkeys, and USB mouse*
- Superior video quality – up to 4K UHD (3840 × 2160@60Hz)
- Multiplatform support – Windows, Mac, Sun, Linux
- HDCP Compliant
- Supports MST (Multi-Stream Transport)**, enabling multiple monitors to be used via a single DisplayPort connector
- Supports DisplayPort Dual Mode (DP++)*** for directly outputting single-link HDMI and or DVI signals via an externally powered DisplayPort-to-HDMI/DVI DP++ adapter
- Compatible with widescreen LCD monitors
- Power on detection – if either of the computers is powered off, the CS782DP will automatically switch to the other computer
- Audio-enabled – full bass response provides a rich experience for 2.1 channel surround sound systems
- Supports HD Audio**** through DisplayPort playback
- Independent switching of the KVM and Audio focus**** allows convenient multi-tasking
- Supports multimedia keyboards
- Supports wireless keyboards and mice
- Console mouse port emulation/bypass feature supports most mouse drivers and multifunction mice
- Mac/Sun keyboard support and emulation*****
- USB 2.0 mouse port can be used for USB hub and USB peripheral sharing******
- Firmware upgradable
Excerpts from Press Release.