GripSnap is a portable, flexible monopod designed for GoPros or smartphones, with a magnetic base. Makers of the GripSnap, Bottle Rocket Labs successfully funded their production on Kickstarter, up to the tune of $23,000 after having a goal of only $16,000.
This handy little stabilising tool can be used virtually anywhere that with a metallic surface to grip to. Meaning it can get into positions and places a traditional tripod cannot. We think it’s a cool little gadget and worth adding to your GoPro or Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera kit (we should tell them that).
It’s wide enough to hold a Galaxy Note and (assumably) the new iPhone Plus. The camera cradle can be removed so that a DSLR can be screwed directly to the GripSnap and an optional baseplate can be used for connecting to tripods.The product is currently in pre-release but expects to become available in Q3-Q4 this year.
- Contains a neodymium magnet in a plastic casing to protect surfaces, like your car.
- Magnetic base can take up to 5 lbs of weight, so it can carry some DSLR cameras or the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera.
- Is portable and can be folded to fit in your pocket or backpack
- Allows photos and videos to be shot from any available metal surface.
- Camera cradle can hold smartphones of all shapes and sizes and is removable for attaching DSLRs or similar cameras.
- Optional baseplate for attaching to tripods.
Pricing and Availability
The GripSnap is available for pre-order at a cost of US$39 with a RRP of US$49 once released. Shipping is expected to begin later this year. More Info: http://www.gripsnap.com/