Winner of NewBay’s ‘Best of Show’ at the recent NAB in Las Vegas, Telemetrics’ new TG4M Track System is the latest in its TeleGlide camera track system line and uses a newly designed, streamlined trolley and track to minimise space requirements and deliver reliable, stable operation with almost no maintenance.
The TeleGlide series supports straight and curved tracks for television studios, sports broadcasting and house of worship applications. The system is Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) ready: no updates or retrofits are required, just the addition of the virtual interface box.
“The new design of the TG4M offers a track system that can operate effectively in smaller spaces,” says Telemetrics president Anthony Cuomo. “It can be ordered in custom lengths and curved sections that are easy to install on studio and newsroom ceilings.”
Stability comes from a triple track system and composite wheels that allow for smooth motion. The company says the system will last for years apparently, without maintenance or wheel replacements.
New to the design and unique in the industry is continual auto track-trolley alignment. Tracks can be mounted on either the floor or ceiling and configured in straight, C-, S- or L-shaped designs for maximum application flexibility.
The TG4M track frame is constructed of lightweight aluminium components, allowing for smooth transitions between track sections, and has a trolley load capacity of 91kg (200 pounds). Like the original TeleGlide system, the TG4M is fully servo controlled, providing accurate preset positioning and repeatable motion. It’s compatible with all Telemetrics pan/tilt heads, extendable camera mounts, and control systems. Custom track lengths and cable management systems are also available.
The company has not yet revealed how much the TG4M system will set you back, but has said it has a lower price-point than other systems.
- Freely accommodates straight, C, S or L-shaped tracks on ceilings or floors
- Compact, 10-inch track width
- Advanced composite wheels for ultra-smooth, near-silent motion
- Supports loads up to 200 lb. (90 kg)
- Works where conventional camera dollies won’t, including uneven floors
- 32-bit velocity and position encoding for incredibly smooth acceleration and deceleration, plus precise repeatability
- Virtual set ready
- Accommodates all Telemetrics pan/tilt heads as well as pan/tilt/zoom cameras
- Enables coordinated trolley/pan/tilt/zoom moves in an all-Telemetrics system
- Smooth, integral cable management
- Field expandable/upgradable
For more info, check: www.telemetricsinc.com
Excerpts from Press Release