Adobe has released the latest version of its entry level user photo & video editing software Adobe Photoshop Elements 13 and Adobe Premiere Elements 13.
The new software serves up a collection of easy-to-use editing tools and guided techniques to help new to editing users achieve the results they want. Also new to the software is Elements Live, which is a dynamic channel within the software that’s designed to spark creativity and improve user skills.
Regularly updated to deliver fresh content, the Elements Live portal serves up tips, tricks and inspiration from within the application. From how to get started to inspiration and tutorials on more complicated techniques, Elements Live is sure to excite with all the creative possibilities.
“Our customers don’t always have the time or the know-how to get the results they desire,” said Shanmugh Natarajan, senior director, engineering, core technologies and products at Adobe. “In Photoshop Elements 13 and Premiere Elements 13, we focused on developing tools that automate the process or guide customers through the steps to create the photos they’ll love and want to share.”
Features and Tools
Adobe has taken the most popular consumer requests and added them to the updated tools.
Photoshop Elements 13
- Better Photo Mashups – Copying people or objects from one photo to another and is now as easy as copy and paste with new Photomerge Compose. If used in conjunction with the new Refine Selection Brush and Adobe’s Match Color Tone it will automatically blend lighting and shading.
- Stand Out with an Innovative Facebook Page – Easily combine Facebook Cover and Profile photos with text and graphics to create an integrated layout that’s sure to get noticed.
- Black and White Photos with Personality – Three new Guided Edits add flair to black and white photos with pops of color or fine-tuning for a more dramatic approach.
- Fifty Stylish Ways to Customize Photos – Building on to the most popular enhancements in Expert mode, new Effects Variations offers four additional options per look for a total of 50 ways to tailor photos in a single click.
- Crop Photos Like a Pro – Improve photos with Intelligent Crop Suggestions, a tool that analyzes faces, horizons and other photographic elements to recommend four different crops based on the rules of composition.
Premiere Elements 13
- Minimize Time Spent Trimming Footage – Use Favorite Moments to mark the best parts of a clip, and then assemble them into a short movie ready for sharing.
- Introduce a Little Hollywood Flare – Add video footage to movie titles with Video in Titles or apply a blur or other popular effects to specific areas of the frame with Effects Masking.
- Steady Shaky Footage – Shooting video with hand-held smartphones and action cameras often results in shaky footage. With the enhanced Shake Stabilizer it’s easy to steady shaky video in seconds.
- Produce a Perfect Tale in Minutes – Themes based on various occasions, such as Wedding and Birthdays, walk users through the process of building a compelling video. Video Storyautomatically assembles the clips, adds transitions and music based on the chosen theme for a polished finished piece.
- Transform Humdrum Into Something Special – from within the Elements Organizer, add photos and videos into a themed slideshow complete with transitions and automated music, or choose an MP3 from a personal collection. Slideshow will sync the pace based on the beat of the selected song.
Pricing and Availability
Adobe Photoshop Elements 13 and Adobe Premiere Elements 13 (Mac and Windows) are immediately available for purchase for AU$129.99 via www.adobe.com. Upgrade pricing is also available for AU$99.99. The Photoshop Elements 13 & Premiere Elements 13 bundle is available for AU$199.99, with upgrade pricing of AU$149.99.
For free training videos visit Adobe Photoshop Elements at http://tv.adobe.com/product/photoshop-elements or Adobe Premiere Elements at http://tv.adobe.com/product/premiere-express/#.Education pricing for students, faculty and staff in K-12 and higher education is available from Adobe Authorized Education Resellers and the Adobe Education Store.