Zoom released today a new 32-bit ultracompact field recorder that comes in two models, with and without Bluetooth, both with included lav.
- Light and compact audio recorder
- 32-Bit Float recording for full dynamic range and clip free recording
- No gain adjustment necessary
- Records 44.1kHz/32-bit float or 48kHz/32-bit float audio files
- Rec Hold function to avoid accidental operation of buttons
- Stereo ⅛” Mic/Line In mini phone jack with Plug-in power (2.5V)
- Stereo ⅛” Phone/Line Output jack with dedicated volume control
- 80 Hz low cut filter
- High precision internal clock (±0.5ppm) to avoid audio and video syncing issues
- Wireless timecode synchronisation (F2-BT model only)
- Records directly to micro SD and SDHC cards up to 512 GB
- USB-C for connection to F2 Editor for settings
- Built-in Bluetooth for connection to the F2 Control app for settings adjustment and remote transport control (F2-BT model only)
- Runs on only 2 standard AAA alkaline, Lithium, or NiMH rechargeable batteries, or AC adapter (AD-17)
- Up to 15 hours of operation (14 hours on the F2-BT) with two AAA alkaline batteries
Low-Profile Lapel Mic with Locking Connector
Included is an omnidirectional polar pattern lavalier microphone with a 3.5mm locking connector. The omnidirectional polar pattern is designed to deliver consistent audio pickup from all directions, yielding dependable voice capture even as the subject turns their head or the microphone changes position. Also, three windscreens are supplied for easy reduction of light wind noise. Other brand 3.5mm lavaliers can be used.
The F2 utilises 32-bit float recording technology to capture intensely loud signals without overloading the A/D converters and bring in extremely quiet sounds without overwhelming noise, all without requiring any gain adjustment from you.
The F2 boasts two high-quality recording resolutions to choose from—32-bit / 44.1 kHz or 32-bit / 48 kHz, both in mono uncompressed WAV format. No data compression means that no quality is lost in the creation of the audio files. Use the onboard 80 Hz low-cut filter to reduce rumble and bass buildup in your recordings.
Record Direct to microSD Cards
Maximise portability by recording directly to a microSD/microSDHC/microSDXC card (available separately) for up to 512GB of storage space.
Mic/Line Input with Plug-In Power
The F2 can accommodate mic or line-level signals via its locking 3.5mm stereo mini-jack input. Since it supplies 2.5V plug-in power, you’re free to use common condenser mics such as lavaliers, headsets, and earsets.
Headphone/Line Output with Volume Control
A locking 3.5mm stereo output jack with dedicated volume up/down buttons enables straightforward routing to your camera, DSLR, secondary recorder, or even headphones for easy monitoring.
The F2 is powered with two AAA alkaline, Lithium, or NiMH rechargeable batteries (alkaline included), a Zoom AD-17 power adapter (available separately), or a USB Type-C battery pack (available separately). With up to 15 hours of run time on AAA batteries.
USB File Transfers and Settings Editor
The F2 Editor lets you adjust settings, format SD cards, and more from your Mac or Windows computer. Since the F2 has a USB Type-C port, simply connect it to your computer via a USB cable (available separately) and launch the editor. The USB connection also makes it easy to transfer files to your computer.
Intuitive Controls and LED Indication
Intuitive one-touch buttons—record, play, stop, and volume up/down— provide fast, hassle-free operations with no menus to wade through. LEDs are provided for clear indication of audio level, battery status, and power.
The F2 is equipped with a high-precision internal clock (±0.5ppm) to avoid audio and video syncing issues.