Video Devices cool little monitor/recorder combo the Pix-E5 and its sibling the Pix-E5H have just recieved a new firmware update, V1.10. Bringing with it 4K over SDI, anamorphic desqueeze, fast-forward and rewind transport control and the aforementioned timecode over HDMI.
Last month we took a closer look at the Pix-E5 and found it to be a powerful contender for the indie filmmaker’s gear kit. It was well below the asking price of other 4K combo monitor/recorders in this size range and without the hassle (and expense) of having to use proprietary memory cards only.
For those who took our advice and nabbed one of these, it’s time to get your cables out, connect your Pix-E5 up to your laptop and hit download!
- 6G-SDI to support 4K over SDI
- Fast Forward and Rewind Transport control
- High frame rate recording up to 1080p120
- Timecode over HDMI
- LUT to SDI Output – enable/disable
- 3:2 Pulldown
- Basic Anamorphic Desqueeze to LCD and Output – GH4 now
- Ability to simultaneously activate Zebras and Peaking
- New External LTC timecode mode
The new firmware is available now and can be downloaded, HERE.
PRICE AND AVAILABILITY
The Pix-E5 is currently available for purchase, priced at US$1,395.
Available in Australia from:
Level 1, 108 Johnston St, Collingwood, Victoria, 3066
Phone: +61 3 90059861
For more info, check: videodevices.com/pix-e5