AJA Video Systems recently announced its next generation file-based 4K/UltraHD and 2K/HD video recorder and player with a built-in HD LCD monitor –the Ki Pro Ultra.
The new recorder is capable of capturing video in a range of video formats and frame rates up to 60p in ProRes 4444 HQ, in either 4K (4096 x 2160), UHD (3840 x 2160), 2K (2048 x 1080) and HD (1920 x 1080).
It can record up to two hours of continuous A/V signal in 4K 60p ProRes HQ, when using two AJA Pak1000 (1 Terabyte) SSDs, with rollover functionality to extend that even further. Along with a number of analog and digital audio/video connectors, including industry standard 3G-SDI, HDMI, SFP Fiber, XLR audio, and more.
The device’s housing has been redesigned to a 2RU high form factor, meaning it now only takes up a half-rack space and features an integrated HD LCD display for monitoring and playback. The display also features transparent overlays that offer oncreen keyboard functionality and menus, in addition to an integrated web UI, for complete control via a LAN from any web-browser.
“There is no other device that delivers this level of performance in such a compact footprint. Ki Pro Ultra is small and totally flexible; it functions just as beautifully on the desktop, in a rack and even comes with a handle for easy mobility,” said AJA President Nick Rashby.
“Clients have been asking us to support 4K and UltraHD 60p ProRes HQ recording and the combination of Ki Pro Ultra and Pak1000 media delivers on that demand with the rugged reliability and super functional design that our Ki Pro family of products are known for.”
- Supports recording and playback of 4K/UHD resolutions up to 4K 60p.
- Apple ProRes support, including up to ProRes 4444.
- Records 4K/UltraHD and 2K/HD sources directly to reliable and affordable AJA Pak SSD media, at capacities up to 1 Terabyte.
- Extremely fast media changes and Rollover recording with twin media drive bays.
- Professional connectivity with 3G-SDI, Fiber and HDMI inputs and outputs, AES and analog XLR balanced audio, LTC, RS-422 and LAN.
- All outputs are active all the time, for massive output and monitoring capabilities.
- “Always-on” high-quality 4K/UHD to HD down-conversion.
- Intuitive menu structure and confidence monitoring on a built-in 4.8″ 720p LCD display.
- Integrated web-based UI for complete control across the LAN on any web-browser.
- A rotary selection knob for quick, accurate adjustment of configuration and settings.
- RS-422 control for easy integration with supported editing systems and external controllers.
- Dual redundant 12V power inputs with locking 4-pin connector (one 12V power supply included).
- Standard 2RU high, 1/2 rack width, allows easy side-by-side rackmounting. Included carrying handle also allows easy portability.
- AJA 3-year international warranty and support included.
PRICE AND AVAILABILITY
Ki Pro Ultra is available now for a MSRP of US$3,995 through AJA’s worldwide network of resellers.
Also available is AJA’s Pak SSD-based media; the Pak256 is priced as US$695, Pak512 is available for a price of US$1295, Pak1000 is available for a price of US$1495, and the Pak Dock is available for a price of US$395 for media playback from any computer. Optional Fiber modules and two-unit rackmount shelf are also available.
For more info, check: www.aja.com.
Excerpts from Press Release.