Our good friends at Lesspain Software are giving THREE lucky Video & Filmmaker readers a full licenced copy of the all-in-one media management app – Kyno.
Kyno is a brand new media asset management app designed specifically for filmmakers, videographers, production professionals and video enthusiasts. It eases traditionally frustrating, repetitive tasks by combining common workflows into a simple all-in-one interface, that seamlessly integrates with Adobe Premiere Pro and Final Cut Pro.
For your chance to win your very own licensed copy of Kyno (valued at US$159), all you need to do is signup to our free E-News service – delivering the very best of Video & Filmmaker straight to your inbox.
Winners will be chosen randomly from our list of E-News subscribers. So if you’ve subscribed previously, then you’re already in the running to win!
Kyno is an easy-to-use media manager that works with a variety of industry-standard formats to give users a speedy search function and near-instant access to all their media assets, audio/visual content and still images.
Features include an ingest-free media browser with the ability to screen, log, rate, filter and tag all media assets in the one place. Along with a full transcoding toolset which allows batch conversion and export of numerous media assets in a single session.
“I’m often in situations where my colleagues can’t view and log footage from a particular camera as they don’t have an NLE on their computer. Kyno allows them to do this easily and efficiently. It’s the first program of its type that works with just about any camera, codec or format,” said Matthew Allard ACS, Filmmaker/DP.
“Kyno is a one-stop shop for viewing and logging daily rushes,” commented Craig Hansen, Senior Camera on ‘101 East’ – Al Jazeera International’s weekly current affairs program.
“The ability to check content on my hard drives from multiple camera formats on one program is a huge time saver! With Kyno, you don’t have to have your desktop full of players for each of your cameras, nor do you need an expensive NLE system. Kyno is ultra-efficient and it works with every codec I’ve thrown its way. You can’t ask for more than that.”
- Easy access to your media: Super-fast searching, filtering and media asset management gives instant access to videos directly from your hard-drive or SD card
- State-of-the-art technology: Play & quality-check footage in a high-performance player with accurate speed controls, widescreen bars, high-quality playback and more
- Find content fast: With ingest-free media browsing, media-aware filters, markers, subclips, tags, ratings and more, you get you what you need, fast
- No-fuss conversion & export: Support for a wide variety of industry-standard target formats, with a strong focus on productivity-enhancing batch operations
- Up-to-date integrations: Easily fit Kyno into any video workflow: export to Excel® or send files with metadata to Final Cut Pro® X, Final Cut Pro or Premiere Pro
Currently, Kyno is available for Mac OS only, however, a Windows version of the software is currently in development and is planned for release in the near future.
Robert Krüger, Managing Partner at Lesspain Software comments: “We’re thrilled to launch Kyno to the public. We worked hard to make Kyno’s workflows revolutionary for anyone that works with video and media content and is looking for a simpler way. We see Kyno as a game-changer for the industry. It’s all about fast, easy workflows – this first version is just the beginning of an exciting future for video professionals and enthusiasts alike.”
PRICE AND AVAILABILITY
Lesspain Software is offering a free 14-day trial of Kyno at kyno.software. A permanent license is available to purchase now at the retail price of US$159, including one year of product updates.