Red Giant has released Universe 1.4, an update of its plugin suite, featuring new tools and transitions for both the free and subscription versions.
Universe 1.4 offers users 8 new tools, 4 of which are free and 4 that are premium, bring a total of 89 effect that can be run on your GPU for faster rendering. Along with eight new tools, the update also brings support for Hitfilm 3 Pro.
Sean Safreed, cofounder of Red Giant, says, “Red Giant is a company made up of filmmakers and visual effects artists, and we are very excited to work with the team at FXHome, who share our passion for providing powerful and creative tools. FXHome has built an incredible community and we’re proud to bring Red Giant Universe, our ever-expanding library of tools, to HitFilm 3 Pro.”
“We share a common goal with Red Giant of giving filmmakers more creative power, so this is great news for everyone,” says Joshua Davies, CEO and founder of FXHome.
- Knoll Light Transition: This transition uses animated Knoll Light Factory flares, complete with 20 unique presets to quickly move users from shot to shot. It also includes control over brightness, angle and edge feathering and a choice of a dissolve or linear wipe transition.
- Picture in Picture: Easily composite and frame one layer of footage over a larger layer with Picture in Picture. The effect includes the ability to add and customize a colored border and drop shadow.
- Texturize: This effect allows users to quickly give footage a Walking Dead-style grungy textured treatment. Texturize’s seamless tiling textures make it easy to animate and bring life (or death) to any video or still imagery.
- ToonIt Thermal: Give footage a simulated look and color scheme of thermal imaging systems with this new effect.
- Magnetic Displace: This new transition pushes away or pulls in footage from a center point, distorting the footage in a circular shape. It also includes controls for direction and center point.
- Soft Edge Wipe: A linear wipe transition with an adjustable feathered edge, this effect is used for transitioning between two layers of footage using a subtle blend. It includes angle control and the ability to add a colored stroke as a part of the transition.
- Elliptical Distortion: This effect warps footage spherically, with aspect controls for elliptical options. The cropping and wrap features allow users to isolate and seamlessly warp specific footage areas. The effect also includes 3D lighting controls.
- Compare Frames: This utility plug-in splits the screen into two layers of footage, placing them side-by-side. Controls include various blend modes for each layer and an option for feathering the dividing boundary for a softer edge. It also includes blending mode options and the ability to swap the views for better comparison.
PRICING AND AVAILABILITY
Universe 1.4 is now available for download from the Red Giant website. For new users, Universe is available in a variety of options (all prices in USD):
- Basic Membership: Free
- Premium Monthly: $10
- Premium Yearly: $99
- Premium Lifetime: $399
Excerpts from Press Release